A resident of Wolfville, and one of our frequent readers and commenters, has written a letter to the Fiscal Sustainability Task Force expressing his frustration. He sent us a copy – and it makes great copy. Mr. Sanderson has a style impossible to imitate . We don’t even try. We offer you a sample of his opinion –
- Missing from the guiding document is “protection of personal freedom and liberty”.
- Missing from the guiding document is “a commitment to honesty”.
- The latest budget included the following remarkable statement about the 2004 increase in the Deed Transfer Tax:
“If anything it has added to the general revenue of the Town without increasing the tax burden.”
- Whoever wrote that rubbish couldn’t lie straight in bed!
– and then direct you to his page to enjoy the full flavour . Make sure you read the whole thing, right down to the “Good luck to us all”, or you will miss the best bits.